Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Take It Easy!

Nothing has been more frustrating then learning the Power Clean. It has taunted me for months on end, until yesterday. As posted earlier, I reverted back to Hang Power Cleans to understand where I need to explode from on the thigh. Then I evaluated extending off my heals to my toes, fully extending the hips, shrugging the shoulders, keeping my arms straight, moving my elbows fast to catch the bar, keeping the right grip, not slamming into the bar when caught, making sure the bar followed up my stomach and chest until caught, and then letting it back down to go through that entire mental process all over again. What this equalled out to is me yelling at the bar as loud as I could and wanting to throw it through the wall. WHEN this happens to you, just go back to what the movement really is. Jumping with weight attached to your hands. In the great words and wisdom of Dave Tate "just pick the f*cker off the ground." Educating yourself in a movement is outstanding. Over analyzing can be just as deteriorating as never educating yourself to begin with. SO, take a step back and have fun with it. Lifting is something we do because we find personal satisfaction in lifting heavy weight. If you take the enjoyment out of it then you've taken the fundamental reason why you started in the first place.



No comments:

Post a Comment