Friday, February 19, 2010

Deaflifts

I've been trying out a couple of gym around town just for the heck of it. They all pretty much offer a one week trial so I figured why not. It just reaffirms why I like my own personal home gym. The biggest reasons is that I can be as loud as I freaking want, throw what ever weight I want, and immediately go drink a tall beer after I'm done. Yesterday I went to do squats at a gym and everyone is looking at you like "why is he going so "deep" (just going to squat depth), what's that chalk on his hand, tell him to quit yelling, and don't drop the weights please." Today I'm going to a local university and try out there facility. It is deadlift day and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get fun looks/a talking to by staff and members. This is not because I'm some amazingly strong lifter or go in with the purpose of pissing people off. Lifting is not easy and if it is then you're not lifting enough. Loud man noises will come out of you. If only everyone in the gym was deaf/mind there own business, life would be a lot better in a lot of gyms around the country. Damn it.... I'm out of coffee. Here's some vids.

Training:
5x1 deadlift
then
Lift something moderately heavy and move fast.
You pick the workout. Get creative.

Notice the music in the background.


Texas Pt. 2 from A.C. on Vimeo.



Dylan Deadlift from A.C. on Vimeo.



1 comment:

  1. Basically you're a badass. So whenever anybody gives you any grief you just need to sucker punch them.

    ReplyDelete