Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Deadlift

I love the deadlift. It is a very good power movement that builds the trainees confidence. Most everybody that I have run into or trained can lift the most with this movement. I have also seen peoples eyes get bigger then there strength. You will see this in most gyms. Guys will load up the bar, regardless of strength level, lift it up looking like a question mark (back rounded putting all the pressure on the lower back), and then say they lifted..... Primary example of the eyes bigger then the strength syndrome combined with lack of education, or the "trainer" is allowing them to do WAY more then they should be which in turn means that the trainer and trainee are both lacking in education (not trainees fault, that's why they pay the trainer). This motivates me to educate myself very well in the primary barbell movements. When a client comes to me with lifting goals I will put them down the right track and educate them on how to perform the movement properly, using the right amount of weight. I do not care about the numbers that come out of my gym, I care about getting my clients to achieving there goals.

What the girls did:

Deadlift 5x3
then
30 second Mountain Climbers
30 second Jumping Jacks
30 second Sit ups
30 second Burpies
30 second Swings
1 minute break
4 rounds

This is a really good example of very strong women that do not look manly. They are in the 52kg category (114 lbs.). The whole video is a good example, make sure to look at minute 13:50, she lifts 413.4lbs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment