Friday, July 16, 2010

Pushing Limits

This was the last week of the third month with the lifting cycle of 2 reps 8 sets. It will now start over after a week of rest going lighter with 5 reps 3 sets. I learned a lot this last month. Lifting heavy for a month straight is ridiculously hard. It has taught me how to judge what percentage of weight I should used based off my 1 rep max. I has seen suggestions of doing 85% of your 1RM but I would recommend working with 90-92%. Remember the last month is a very heavy month but don't push it too far. I pushed myself too far and tried to work about 96% of my 1RM. Lesson learned.

What I did:
Deadlift 1x5

What the girls did:
Deadlift 5x3
then
400M run
1 minute push up plank
4 rounds for time.

This dude cracks me up every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment