Monday, March 8, 2010

Weight Gained!!

This is for all the guys out their that are striving to maintain a 14 year old girls body. Stop it!! Mid January I started the 70sbig.com mentality of eating food. Since then I have gained about 35lbs. and increased my lifts incredibly. As mentioned in earlier posts, lifting is something that should be long term. When these fast big gains in body mass and weight lifted happen; it creates an impatience because you want that to keep happening. This is because you will go through a "growth spurt", therefore your lifts will have a big gain. For my growth, I am very excited that I reached the weight, but now my goal is to maintain it. This is why goals are very important to set. I set a body weight goal of about 200lbs. +- 5lbs. I am right about there and feel great. I have to admit that I was hesitant to start an eating program that promoted eating everything in sight with a gallon of milk on top. This mass eating is only temporary depending on what your body weight goals are. Once they are reached then you have to find out how much to eat to maintain that body weight and maintain it in a healthy way. Eating everything in sight is not something that I would consider a healthy way, but that is only temporary.

For people that are concerned about how they look when taking on this gain, you need not be concerned. It seems obvious but for all the people that can't get the picture. Eating to grain size should not be taken on if you do not have a strength program or you are fat. With that said, the weight that I have gained I have definitely put on some fat. If I wanted to, I could cut the fat off with conditioning. This would be detrimental to my lifting goals right now. The point is, if you are on a good strength program, this type of eating will be good. You will get big and strong. When the time comes that you might want to lean up a little bit, for whatever reason that is, you will be able to do it easily because your body will already be in outstanding shape.

My difference in lifts from body weight of 165 to 200 in 2 1/2 months.

BW:165lbs.

Bench: 170lbs. 3x5
Squat: 225lbs. 3x5
Press: 95lbs. 3x5
Deadlift: 350lbs. 5x1
Power Clean: 115lbs. 3x5

BW: 200lbs.

Bench: 200lbs. 3x5
Squat: 280lbs. 3x5
Press: 125lbs. 3x5
Deadlift: 375lbs. 5x1
Power Clean: 155lbs. 3x5

Increase in lifts:

Bench: 30lbs.
Squat: 55lbs.
Press: 30lbs.
Deadlift: 25lbs.
Power Clean: 40lbs.

I picked this video specifically because of the music!!

No comments:

Post a Comment