Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Reaching Goals

I'm hitting a lot of long time goal PR's lately. This is due to diligence, diet, programing, and maintaining good technique. Now that I've reached and exceeded every goal that I set over a year ago; I reset and made new goals. Bench 315, Squat 405, and Deadlift 495. These are long term goals, and by long term I mean years. As it stands right now I'm about 75 pounds from hitting these numbers. Some would say that "if you trained right then you should hit them in less then a year." Yeah maybe if I wanted to take on injury and live in an overtrained world during that time. Even then, due to the insane stress I would be putting on my body, I probably would just shut down and shit myself. Don't lose sight of "LIFE LONG LIFTING". Celebrate achievements (steak, beer, veggies) and move on to the next step. I'm not talking about the newer lifters that are joining this insane world. You need to be hitting the gym every chance you get, practicing technique, and greasing the groove. I'm talking about the fellas and shellas that are taking it to the next level and need to maintain scheduled rest for recovery. Moral of the story...... Set goals.... reach goals.....make new goals. Repeat this cycle until you are dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment